Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge measuring with ultrasonic wave, is applicable for measuring the thickness of any material in which ultrasonic wave can be transmitted and reflected back from the other face.
The gauge can provide quick and accurate measurement to various work pieces such as sheets of board and processing parts. Another important application of the gauge is to monitor various pipes and pressure vessels in production equipment, and monitor the thinning degree during using. It can be widely used in petroleum, chemical, metallurgy, shipping, aerospace, aviation and other fields.
The primary theory of measuring thickness with ultrasonic wave is similar to that of measuring thickness with optical wave. The ultrasonic wave emitted from the probe reaches the object and transmits in it. When the ultrasonic wave reaches the bounding surface of the material, it is reflected back to the probe. The thickness of the material can be determined by accurately measuring the time of the ultrasonic wave transmitting in it
Product Specifications :
|Display||128Ã64 LCD with LED backlight.|
|Sound Velocity Range||1000m/s~9999m/s|
|Display resolution:||0.01mm or 0.1mm (lower than 100.0mm) 0.1mm (more than 99.99mm)|
|Units||Metric/Imperial unit seletable.|
|Lower limit for steel pipes||5MHz probe: 20mm 3.0mm 10MHz probe: 20mm 3.0mm|
|Power Source||2pcs 1.5V AA size, batteries.100 hours typical operating time(LED backlight off).|
|Communication||RS232 serial port|
|Operating conditions||0 to 45o|
- Capable of performing measurements on a wide range of material, including metals,plastic,ceramics,composites,epoxies,glass and other ultrasonic wave well-conductive materials.
- Transducer models are available for special application,including for coarse grain material and high temperature applications.
- Probe-Zero function,Sound-Veloctiy-Calibration function.
- Two-Point Calibration function.
- Coupling status Indicator showing the coupling status.
- Battery information indicates the rest capacity of the battery.
- Auto sleep and auto power off function to conserve battery life.
- Optional software to process the memory data on the PC.
- Optional thermal mini-printer to print the measured data via RS232 port.
- Cleaning surface Before measuring, please clean any dust, dirt and rust on the object, and remove any cover such as paint, etc. on it.
- Improving requirement on roughness Too rough surface will cause error in measurement. Before measuring, please smooth the surface of object by grinding, polishing or filing, etc. or use coupling agent with high viscosity for that.
- Rough machined surface The regular fine slots on rough machined (by such machines as lathe or planer) surface will also cause error in measurement. The way for compensating that is the same as that in 5.2. In addition, by so adjusting the included angle between the probe's crosstalk interlayer plate (the metallic layer passing through the center of probe bottom) and the fine slots of the object that the interlayer plate is perpendicular or parallel to the fine slots, and by taking the min. value of the readouts as the measured thickness, one can also get better results.
- Measuring cylindrical surface When measuring cylindrical material, such as pipes, oil tubes, etc., it is very important to select properly the included angle between the probe's crosstalk interlayer plate and the axial line of the material to be measured. Briefly to say, first couple the probe with the material to be measured, make the probe's crosstalk interlayer plate be perpendicular or parallel to the axial line of the object, shake the probe vertically along the axial line of the object, the readouts displayed on screen will change regularly. Select the min. readout from displayed ones as the accurate thickness of the object.
The standard for selecting the included angle between the probe's crosstalk interlayer plate and the axial line of the object is depending on the curvature of it. For a pipe with large diameter, the probe's crosstalk interlayer plate should be perpendicular to the axial line of the object; for a pipe with small diameter, one can measure with the probe's crosstalk interlayer plate being both parallel and perpendicular to the axial line of the object, and take the min. readout as the thickness.
Selecting Probes :
|Probe||Frequency||Measuring range||Min. area Ã||Application|
|5PÃ10||5MHz||1.2mm~225.0mm (steel)||12mm||General Straight probe|
|5PÃ10/90o||General bent probe|
|7PÃ6 300||7 MHz||0.75mm~25.0mm (steel)||7.6mm||thin work piece|
|ZW5PÃ10||5 MHz||0.75mm~25.0mm (steel)||14mm||high temperature|
4781, HAUZ QAZI, Delhi, Delhi, 110006, India